Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason as i'm driving the heater plugs light illuminates and if i'm in 2nd or 3rd gear i get a loss in power when i put my foot on the gas, just like dropping down a gear. It only comes on for a few seconds but has been known to stay on for at 30 seconds, it can happen anytime and for no particualr reason, does anyone know whats causing it and how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one? anyone? please dont tell me i have to go to Renault and put it on the diagnostic machine? i've sold one kidney the last time i needed that dreaded machine

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Unfortunately the glow plug light does in fact double as the engine management light,so it would be wise to get the ECU codes read,BUT you don't have to take it Renault!.Any decent independant garage which has the relevant equipment can do it for you.

Turbo boost solenoids,EGR valves,airflow meters and many more things are common faults on the dCi's,so it would be pure guess work as to what was causing the problem without having a code read done first.:(.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the glow plug light does in fact double as the engine management light,so it would be wise to get the ECU codes read,BUT you don't have to take it Renault!.Any decent independant garage which has the relevant equipment can do it for you.

Turbo boost solenoids,EGR valves,airflow meters and many more things are common faults on the dCi's,so it would be pure guess work as to what was causing the problem without having a code read done first.:(.
Ok, thanks for the reply, i'll take it to an independent garage and get to the bottom of it, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts