Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, wondered if anyone on here could help me with a heater problem on a 52 plate Laguna that's driving me crazy!

Basically, when it's set to 26 (the maximum) it blows hot, and when it's set on anything else it blows stone cold. Occasionally it will do the same thing but in reverse, so it will blow cold on 16, and hot on anything else. But mostly it's hot on 26 and the rest cold.

I've been told that it could be a sensor (of which there are 4 so I'm told), the thermostat, the heater matrix, the water pump, the actual heater unit, one of the motors behind the heater unit, a wire, a sticky flap and god knows what else! Renault want over £100 just to diagnose it :( and even then they might not be able to pinpoint it exactly apparantly.

Has anyone had this same issue or does anyone know what I could try? It's so annoying as I've only just bought the car and after loads of problems with my previous car I was hoping this one would all work ok.

By the way, the problem is the same whether the 'auto' button is on, the 'AC' button is on, they are both on or they are both off.

Sally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the evaporator sensor. Got one from Renault for £12, and replacing it took minutes - it's on the passenger side down behind the centre console near the heater pipes. Replaced it and all now works fine :) So pleased as I went round so many garages and they were all quoting me hundreds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts