Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
New to thr forum but a continous Megane owner.

Have recently bought a 2.0ltr IDE Megane. So far I have;
Replaced discs & pads front and back
Replaced IAC
Cleaned, re-dyed and waterproofed the softtop
Buffed the rear window to rempove greying and scratches.
Plus a general in depth service.

However I do have a problem with the heater - it only works on level 4, from what I can tell the heater resistor needs replacing, but I can not find where it is located.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
68 Posts
type in heater resistor on this web site search bar and you will see a post about this, it will tell you were it is, how to repair it or replace it. Just repaired my 2008 grand scenic this week end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, the threads your mention are all about scenics which do not have the same set up as the megane IDE cabrio.
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK then, I can now advise on where the heater resistor & wiring loom is located.
Remove the passenger front wiper
then remove the plastic rain shield
you'll then have to remove a small plastic cover located over the heater blower housing
here you will find the resitor pack - held in place by one small hex bolt
locate the connector further down the blower body - look for 2 wires, one red, one black and remove this
aswell as 2 other connectors on the main resistor body

hope that helps.

also found used ones on ebay for as little as £10

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Hi Neil
Could you tell me what year model your megane is.
My 97 megane recently has a similar problem, only setting 6 works (which is full blast)
I had the cover on the passenger side off before but dont remember seeing a resistor there.

When I go down from top speed the other speeds works for about 30 seconds then dies off.
Mine has air conditioning too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Neil
My 97 megane recently has a similar problem, only setting 6 works (which is full blast)
I had the cover on the passenger side off before but dont remember seeing a resistor there.

When I go down from top speed the other speeds works for about 30 seconds then dies off.
Hi, my car was a 2001 Y reg - if your heater resistor is not where I have described then chances are its behind the glove box, just remove the dash to check. However what you describe sounds different but if you can change the resistor cheaply its worth a shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Neil

Hi, mine is a 2001 Y reg - your heater resistor may be behind the glove box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts