Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just registered as we have an 03 Scenic with chuffing brakes! (The brakes actually make chuffing/grinding noises)

We were quoted over £500 from Kwik Fit to get it sorted so decided that we might be able to do some if not all the work ourselves with a little help from our forum friends :d and of course the haynes manual which we should get today!

When I say "we" I mean Mr Nellie McNell and Mrs Nellie McNell as we will both be using the forum under the same username. I am Mrs Nellie McNell and have already posted a couple of my photos for the current "Spring" photo competition. I shall leave the technical/mechanical postings to Mr Nellie McNell as my mechanical knowlegdge ends with changing wheels and checking the oil!

I must say that everyone on here seems very friendly and it's one of the best set up forums I've been to. :d

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Welcome, I am sure you will cure your problem cheaper here than Quik Fit will.

Your mechanical knowledge is vastly superior to my wife's and most other ladies, I am not being sexists saying that, it is just true.:)

Nice photos!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, I am sure you will cure your problem cheaper here than Quik Fit will.

Your mechanical knowledge is vastly superior to my wife's and most other ladies, I am not being sexists saying that, it is just true.:)

Nice photos!
My Dad wouldn't let me go out in my first car on my own until I knew the basics of how everything worked and could change a flat tyre. He also made sure that I was involved in all repairs he did on my car even if it was just making him cups of tea!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
My Dad wouldn't let me go out in my first car on my own until I knew the basics of how everything worked and could change a flat tyre. He also made sure that I was involved in all repairs he did on my car even if it was just making him cups of tea!
it's the way forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts