Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Looking forward to getting some useful info from the forum. I drive a 2.5 yr old Megane 1.4 which I got at the end of Jan and my wife drives a 6 yr old Clio automatic. I previously had a Megane Classic from in 1997We've been having some problems with the Clio of late so I hope to find some answers here, and I'm also intersted in what you have to say about the bonnet catch issue featured on Watchdog.

Regards

Valderee

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. You'll definately find a wealth of knowledge here my friend.:)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Please feel free to join in where and when you can and enjoy the community we have built up here.
By and large our members are a friendly bunch and quite knowledgable too.
The open forums are free for all but please take the time to consider becoming a subsribed member with all the extras that entails.
For just £1.50 month/ £12 year you get....
Access to the Arcade and the many games within.
The ability to use the forum PM system
A lovely red "supporter" badge under your name.
Club offers...recoup your subsciption fee easily with supporter only offers.Photo gallery
Signatures..Add your own signature to your posts.
Avatars..Use our standard Avatars or use your own.
Gallery...Post your pics
Click my signature for more details.

oh...and for more info on the bonnet catch issue,there is an extensive thread on this subject here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome messages folks. I have 3 concerns about my wife's Clio:

1. Hasn't been starting too well - just had service, new battery, etc. Took it in to Renault dealer to get fuel pup checked on the advice of the Breakdown service, and they couldn't find a problem. However I've read your helpful comments on the "Top Dead??" sensor.
2. Yesterday it satred juddering a bit, which based on past experience may be a transmission coil, which would make it the 4th failure of that nature in 4 years. Are the parts no good? Someone told me it is common Clio failure.
3. The bonnet catch - car is 2001 1.6 Alize Auto, so will it have the risky part or had they improved it by then? I did ask the dealer to check it on the service last month.

Will post in the appropriate forum sections in future - just thought I'd highlight my particular concerns here if that is ok.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts