Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Joined here a few years ago but within 2 days the car I owned then (megane 225 lux) was written off by a drunk driver while parked outside my local shop. This was briefly preceded by a megane 1.5dci while I was deciding what to have next.

About 18 months ago I bought a very cheap 07 Megane Dci GT 150 off a work mate. Had 92k on the clock and he was only asking £500 just to get it off his drive. I travel a lot for work and thought even if it lasts 6 months and goes bang it keeps miles off my other car (2012 M3) so won’t owe me anything.

Well, with nothing more than basic oil and filter services every 10k and the odd 20 quid repair it’s still going strong and has never let me down. Now on 125k Miles I’m tempted to put a bit of effort and xmas bonus into it and freshen the old gal up a tad, not looking to make it anything daft, just original but less floppy and tired.

First things I want to tackle is top mounts and tie rod bush to cure the clunking. Then the absolutely woeful headlights. The list will go on.

So, here in anticipation of the confusion, scraped knuckles and expense that will no doubt follow.

Tom

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,498 Posts
Hello Tom, I am sure there will be loads of advice offered when you eventually get round to jobs on your car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts