Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been a very interesting day to say the least:steam: :crazy: i have been on with bt help desk for 13 hrs and that me only getting the wan connections sorted out.I have to say iam very pleased with the look and the set out of vista, it is great for me and that is saying something,well any questions you have just ask:d all the best Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello!

Hello Donald!.

I too am all new to this forum and to owning a renault. I was wonderring... call me stupid!!! but i have taken my clio to be MOTed today and it failed on a "split gaiter" can you inform me...what is it???

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi it will either be a driveshaft or steering rack guaiter and if its the driveshaft you can buy a universal guaiter and the same if its a steering rack guaiter at about £10 plus 1 hrs labour i hope this helps all the best Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks much Donald. sorry to ask such a stupid question. I am a classic mini owner firstly, then a clio owner! so all this newer car this is odd to me! i can work on the engine of my mini but my clio scares me! lol!

How are you anyway??? :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi iam great thanks for asking i hope you are well,I love minis has to be the old ones do not like the newer ones at all for many reasons,i used to rally a mini and autotest in one as well they were the days great fun a hard car to beat for fun what is it????Cooper 1275

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish! she ia a 1985 mayfair, a bit tricked out bless her, kind of mixed the old with the new - keep her classic.

It's true! you can't beat a mini. took on a Porche in mine! i won! they can't corner better than a mini!

I had to buy my clio for reliability to get to work as speed humps are an issue!!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish! she ia a 1985 mayfair, a bit tricked out bless her, kind of mixed the old with the new - keep her classic.

It's true! you can't beat a mini. took on a Porche in mine! i won! they can't corner better than a mini!

I had to buy my clio for reliability to get to work as speed humps are an issue!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Stick to the road like shi*I had my eyes on a mini cooper back in the 90s but got seirra cossie 4x4 instead no compitision realy :d :d

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's true! that are really good for sticking to the road! my clio lurches too much! i keep thinking my clio can do what my mini did but it hasn't got the poke!.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats cool! you used to rally mini's!, i bet that was fun!

Not too sure how my clio would fair!!!
:d :d :d it was great to say the least not rallyed for many years now but i have to say i do miss it but it was always money money money.They do use the clio to rally at the lower classes but i think Renault shound bring a 2.0 Turbo 4x4 on the market for just that reason group n rally car i think it would do well but iam only a humble man;) renault would not listen to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
well donald, it's been lovely chatting to you but my bed is calling.

chat to you soon! thanks for the info.

Nite, nite!! :yawn:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I watch the WCR i think they are slightly more made for it than my 10 year old girrlie!!!
Hi just a little bit :d :d it gets you from a to b its doing its job i would not like to pay out for the wrc car to keep it in fuel:crazy: talk soon all the best Donald

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Good to hear you are getting on well with Vista Donald, thing I dislike the most is it's not as easy to move things from one place to another, or maybe I have not found it yet. The games are much better, and the security is very good, the built in Photo software is not too bad either

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to hear you are getting on well with Vista Donald, thing I dislike the most is it's not as easy to move things from one place to another, or maybe I have not found it yet. The games are much better, and the security is very good, the built in Photo software is not too bad either
Hi moi yes the Photo software compaired to i had before is great ive not had any problems other the wan line at the start heres hoping that i have none either will try today and load up few things and drivers:d iam not that bothered as i can just insert DS cards in to input my photos,i will stil use the other home XP PC to do most i bought this more to give me the freedom to move about and do as i like cheers Donald.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Hi Donald, yes the freedom to move about is a big advantage of a laptop, you may find a lot of your software does not work on Vista,anything you connect via a usb usually wroks if you just plug and play rather than install via a disc, as Vista searches for the correct drivers, the disc only tends to have drivers for Xp and before on it . Enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Donald, yes the freedom to move about is a big advantage of a laptop, you may find a lot of your software does not work on Vista,anything you connect via a usb usually wroks if you just plug and play rather than install via a disc, as Vista searches for the correct drivers, the disc only tends to have drivers for Xp and before on it . Enjoy :)
Cheers thanks moi:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts