Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm an ex pat living in Sweden.

I've recently bought a 2002 Megane Estate 1.8 16V whihc I believe is a late model of the phase 1 version. Left hand drive of course :)

I was looking on the net to find out why my heater blower was clicking when you change the switch from recycle to fresh air and found this forum. I see that a few of you who have also had the same issue.

I'm having trouble locating the correct Haynes manual for this model - I ordered one on Amazon (in English) and when it arrive the back cover stated it was specifically not for the 1.8 and 2.0 l petrol engines.
Does anyone have and ISBN number I could use?

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had a quick look on their website and they don't seem to cover the estate model at all.

I've emailed a request to them - will post response when it arrives.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the clicking sound is likely to be the recirculator fan, does it happen when you start the car up too?
Yes, it's just started doing it today. Yesterday it was only when I switched between recycle and fresh air with the fan control.

From reading the other posts on this subject I gather that there's a motor which moves the flap that routes/blocks the external airflow. It seems like the motor doesn't stop when it reaches the end stop position but tries to carry on.

I'm tempted to disconnect the power supply to the motor as suggested. I've just forked out several thousand quid for the car and can't even contemplate sticking it in to the dealer for another 500 quid. I also just had to fork out about 120 quid for a new spare key!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haynes apologised that they don't cover the 1.8 litre engines but the manual should cover all the non engine related stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Haynes apologised that they don't cover the 1.8 litre engines but the manual should cover all the non engine related stuff.
Yeah that's real handy isn't it:rolleyes: . I've got a Laguna V6 which Haynes don't have a manual for and if you've ever seen under the hood of one you'll realise that you'd need a manual. Ruddy Haynes:d

Welcome by the way.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts