Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I'm new here and also I'm a new Renault customer for the first time.
Using Scenic 2.

Hope I didn't made a bad choise and I hope to use Scenic from next generations as well.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,852 Posts
Welcome..
(Give it a few hours for your question to get answered , we have a radio geek on here, but he will be working at the moment )

Reactions: zerro_scenic2

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
26,911 Posts
How many of us actually check on how good a vehicle is before they buy..I usually do..went to buy a kia ceed back in 2014 and came out with a clio 3 ? ..of course if I had been at home I would have done a thorough check on the car and not bought it..as it was I was lucky compared to others who have had problems with that car but after two years I thought its time to say goodbye because I found things that were going to cause me problems in the future..we will get problems on all cars but I have to say it Renault are one of the worst imho and I would never buy another or recommend them..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ours2012 thanks for your response... I will introduce my Scenic in a new topic and see what I'm able to modify.

I thought its time to say goodbye because I found things that were going to cause me problems in the future..we will get problems on all cars but I have to say it Renault are one of the worst imho and I would never buy another or recommend them..
With all due respect, you have 23K posts on a renault forum and you are saying that renault cars are the worst!??

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
26,911 Posts
@ours2012 thanks for your response... I will introduce my Scenic in a new topic and see what I'm able to modify.

With all due respect, you have 23K posts on a renault forum and you are saying that renault cars are the worst!??
My opinion not everyone's.. yes 23k post and many helping people to put the cars right along with other member who also don't own a renault on here but we all chip in....

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,442 Posts
Hello and welcome

Reactions: zerro_scenic2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My opinion not everyone's.. yes 23k post and many helping people to put the cars right along with other member who also don't own a renault on here but we all chip in....
But to say that is worst car? :unsure:
Have you thought about Fiat Multipla? ?

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
26,911 Posts
Was on a few fiat forums for quite some time and moderated on three....multipla was one of the worst they made agreed..would also say that I bought a stilo with my heart and not my head and that pretty much ended in grief..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Phil48 not just worst car from Fiat, but also EVER from every manufacturer. ?
Thanks for the topic, I'll answer that question after one year of using my Scenic II.;)
I hope it will be good enough for my needs. :)

I am not expecting from every member on this forum to say that Renault are the best cars but it is one of those which are good enough to have for those money... I am not able to drive Bugatti, nor Mercedes, nor any other which are too expensive... I loved my cars... every car! I have used VW Passat and now Scenic II. So far I like Scenic too... one of the most comfortable car I have ever sit.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
26,911 Posts
Son in law had a multipla..deseasle engine is GM and used in vauxhall and Saab and was a problematic engine the smaller 1.3 diesel was used in suzuki swift in its early life..with the multipla they had a very big issue with spring snappage but to be fair to fiat they didi go back to the drawing board and correct the problem..the stilo also had the same spring snappage problems but fiat buried they heads in the sand and ignored the millions of owners who complained about this..I think it could be fair to say that fiat gave renault lessons on how to ignore owners and over charge for work that isn't fit for purpose..you can read through the many thousands of threads on here where members are having problems with cars still under warranty and renault are failing in their responsibility as a manufacturer..they sadly are not alone in this now and its an epidemic that has been happening for a number of years..enjoy your car lets hope you have a better experience than the many who have not..see you soon no doubt..we are all here to help if you need us and that will include me and the owners who no longer own a renault..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what to say... I have bought Scenic because all my friends are using Renault.

I am serious about this. Just look the Slovenian market [https://www.avto.net/] of used cars you can see that there is only Renault cars... there is also a factory for spare parts or I am not completely sure that they make Clio too.

The parts are not too expensive, the diesel engine 1.9 or 2.0 are so far very good.
I am not saying that you are wrong but to say that Renault is worst car is something different when time is coming for maintenance to the official service... maybe their services are not good enough but in Slovenia and even in Macedonia (I doubt that you have heard of my country) here the services are fine.

I am an owner of an used car, not new.
I am aware that my car is 12 years old and therefor I would be happy to drive for at least 2-3 years before buying a new one. Would it be Renault, I don't know... it depends on my personal experience. I like Scenic IV but not that much of the enterior and the cheap plastic which cracks on every movement. Even Scenic II is better from the inside... I don't compare the technology, there's no doubt about that in IV generation.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,948 Posts
Coming up on three years now with our Grand Scenic 2. No issues really. The driver door window motor plug needs a wiggle every 12 months or so. The brake pedal cross bar was sticky and the pedal had to be pulled up with your toe. A bit of grease fixed that. Alternator brushes went on strike, stopped charging an hour from home at night and still got us home. Water got into a spark plug well and had me scratching my head for a day or so before finding the cause of the misfire alarm. Fairly harmless stuff.
We had a Punto Mk2 for 14yrs. HG went at 60000 and the clutch release bearing went at 40000 odd but otherwise as reliable as a clock.
None of our cars ever refused to start or stopped on the roadside. Last puncture was '88 or thereabouts. If anything the V70 gives more trouble with various modules, DIM, SRS and DDM going on the blink and almost always some suspension bit or other at NCT time.
There is an element of the self fulfilling prophesy about cheap cars, they get treated cheap and surprise surprise they stop a lot.
I'm probably lucky, there are pups about, they just steer clear of me. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts