Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all...hope someone will be able to help me. I bought a 2003 Megane Dynamique there 3 weeks ago and today when driving home in the rain the wipers suddenly stopped. I reset the stalk to the off position and then moved it back to an 'on' position. That momentarily moved the wipers but ever since they have stopped working.I checked the fuses and they are working fine.

Reading the manual it says that 'if for any reason the wipers cannot move the system will automatically cut the power supply to the wipers to protect the circuit'. Is there anyway to restore the power?

I should also say that a few days after i got the car it wouldnt start one morning. The garage sent out a mechanic who jump started it and brought it in. They said that mosture had got into the external fusebox and this was causing a drain on the battery. I have a feeling that the fusebox is again the problem as today was the first proper wet day we've had here in weeks and the first time i had to use the wipers for a lengthy period of time. I am fearing that everytime it rains i will have a problem.

I am going to bring the car back to the dealer/garage (non-renault). I would appreciate it if anyone has any advice, tips, suggestions to what could be causing the problem so i can have a bit of knowledge before i go in.

Thanks for reading this....

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

I think I'm right in saying that the wipers are controlled by the UCH unit which might have been upset by the voltage drop when the battery went falt,then the subsequent power surge when the car was jump started...

It might just be a case of resetting the unit or disconnecting it and leaving it for a few hours.I have had recent experience of a similar problem on a Citroen Picasso.

It might not be,mind.:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lagtdi....thanks for your help and quick reply.

The garage i bought the car from is a Citroen dealer so they should at least know about the UCH from your experience with the Picasso.

The car was jump started over 2 weeks ago, would the passing of that length of time still make it a factor? Where abouts on the engine would i be likely to find the UCH.

cheers again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts