Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined this forum now, being the owner of a 96 renault safrane 2.2vi exec auto....and its a beautiful car to drive now....however far from being a mechanic now and shortly due for a new mot....right now i need to purchase an off-side electrical wing mirror....and i,m not doing very well unfortunately....so far been quoted approx £175....now hoping perhaps someone on here can come to my rescue....and point me in the right direction to resolve this problem for me...bottom-line being pennies are tight right now....ok folks thanks for listening to me....by the way am currently based in the west mids area.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Try your local scrapyard or type 'parts gateway' into your browser. You can input your details and the part required on a number of gateways which will refer your request out to x amount of breakers who will email you with quotes on the part you require.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow quick response

many thanks to both scatz and davesss now....find the info really helpful and encouraging to say the least.....ok

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi buying the part may not be the hardest part - I am trying to get the broken one off the car. It is not giving up easily.

I now respect the old cars I had where you just 'popped' the panels off

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
If its like the Phase 2 (96 onwards) then you've got a plastic panel inside the door over it. This needs to be pulled backwards towards the seatbelt. PITA to do.. the pesky things tend to break the clips inside. Following this advice is at your own risk though as I've no idea if the plastic cover is the same but thats how they're fitted on the phase 2.

Once that cover is off there are a few bolts inside. Got a feeling iirc that they may be starbolts.. not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts