Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

You seem like a great bunch, Just come from owning a Golf and didn't like the scene snobbery that went on all over the forum. This one seems a good one.

Currently drive a vectra as the daily, Missus drives a little 1.1 Clio.

I'm probably going to be asking lots of questions over the next few weeks as I've just picked up a MK3 Clio with a snapped cam belt. Never done anything like this before but hey its the best way of learning. Got a good set of tools and I've done a couple of turbo swaps etc so fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Mav

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

Yes your right most if not all the valves will be bent. I have used these people on several occasions for engine spares http://www.trechii.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I've seen that website mentioned a few times so will probably get a head kit from there.

If theres too much damaged i'll probably go with the reconditioning service on ebay.

Mav

R

·
0 Posts
Don't make the mistake of thinking the valve cut outs in the top of the pistons as damage. People some times see marks and scrapes around the cut outs and incorrectly assume it's all been caused by valve an piston collision.

Here are a few photos of a 16 valve Renault engine that has suffered cam belt failure and all the valves got bent. Before and after it’s been cleaned up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics,
Will hopefully start this Tuesday and will try to get some pics along the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts