Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello to you all!. I am new to this site and reasonably new to owning a Clio. I have just had mine Clio MOTed and it failed on a "split gaiter", can any one inform me what this is???. I have a general idea its some kind of plastic covering, but not sure! typical girlie!!! lol!!!

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Welcome to the forum, It's not a girlie question, you would be surprised how many simple questions are asked by males aswell.

It will be the rubber or plastic gaitor on one of your drive shafts, not very expensive to fit a new one, the mot garage should be able to do it.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I should add, if you are resonably confident with mechanics that the gaiters are relativly easy. I have done a steering gaiter and although access is poor did not take long, if a CV gaiter get a "stretch" style. then all you do is warm it in water, remove the wheel and hub to access the driveshaft and slide into place (after removing old gaiter of course).

Check the clio faq for tips and tricks including the section on wheels where there is a link to "front wheel bearings"" which explains the process of dismantling the hub with pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts