Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to all. The reason I have joined the site as the wife has an 03 plate Clio owned from new, 1.2 16v. I have just given it a service as I do not trust my local Renault Dealers. I was surprised how easy the Clio was to work on although I own a "proper" Car.

See

http://www.donkennedy.co.uk/

I have tried to go to FAQs via the link sent to me by e-mail but the page is not available ( broken link ? ). Sorry if I should be asking these questions in another subject category.

1. How do I select my own Avatar ?. I do not seem able to load my own.

2. The engine management for the Car I own is a bag of spanners. Is there a disc that I can purchase that allows me to load onto a Laptop software that enables me to access the ECU of the Clio. I do understand electronics and computer systems and while there are no problems with the Clio it would be nice in the future to access the ECU to see fault codes to assist fault diagnosis. I know there are units on the market that help with accessing fault codes but there must be a C/D that can be loaded onto a Laptop.

Very sorry if the questions I have asked should not be posted here. Please be tolerant of an Old Fart.

Many thanks, Don Kennedy ( Plymouth Devon )

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some of the advanced forum features such as avatars are only available to subscribers, at a reasonable £12 pa. There are many other benefits as well.

As for software Dialogys discs can normally be found on e-bay but beware of dodgy discs and obviously adhere to copyright laws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scenic engine noisy tappets

I also have a similar problem. I recently bought an X reg Scenic 2.0 16v and i have noticed the engine sounds like a diesel engine with a sort of tappetty noise that starts when the engine warms up. i had the oil changed but its still there. One garage suggested worn-out hydraulic valve lifters. Any ideas what this might be and what I need to do to sort it out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for the replies and nice welcome messages. Ref: the comment of mine about software for ECU/OBD I have posted a more detailed request in the "Any Questions2 area.

Once again many thanks for the welcome.

Don Kennedy ( Plymouth. Devon ).

http://www.donkennedy.co.uk/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts