Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

My names Dan, and my g/f has just bought a 1998 Renault Clio 1.2 RN. It's done just over 61k, 2 owners plus a full history.

It is her car by rights, but i'll be driving it too. We're both looking to mod it a little. Nothing silly as it's only a 1.2. The passenger door and wing need respraying, so we're having all the bumper and droor strips done too. No electrics which is a little guttering, but it's only a little car. Not really bothered about e/w or e/m, but does have r/c/l and p/s. I want to put the foglights and wiring in-the front bumper looks too bland imo, so some nice fogs to break it up are in order!

We have some clear repeaters to go on, we've taken her Alpine Sub/Amp out of her old car, got a new Kenwood CD player for this one (with about a million adaptors to get it to work with the stalk remote), and planning on Alpine door speakers (once we've found out the size).

We want to lower it a little as the body roll is a bit too much. New shocks were fitted just over 4 months ago, so we're just looking for a 30mm drop or something. We'd also like a set of Clio Sport 16"s, but these will have to wait a few weeks!

I drive a Volvo 480-nice car and different. It's had an ECU remap, lowered, stereo etc. It's my pride and joy, and being a member of A world for detailers... helps me keep it gleaming 95% of the time.

As Photobucket is being a tad rubbish today, i've attached the Clio pics for you lot to gaze at it's 1.2-ness in all it's glory! Very clean, quiet little car though-much easier on Petrol than mine! I'm new-ish to Clio's (never had my own, but been around a few in my time), so i'll be sticking around for advice, problems etc. It'll be me doing all the work so i need to do my research lol.

Later! Dan :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Hi Dan, welcome to the forums...there are plenty of clio owners on here. Anything you want to know I'm sure there will be an answer.

Tel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts