Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:My 2003 clio is randomly losing power too all the exterior lights and the dash lights.
I saw a youtube video where a guy was showing that his fix was a relay under the glove box came loose. The thing is that if i loose power to the lights and i move my hand around below the glove box, touching the wires and relay area it seems to bring them back on, or intermittently go on and off.
So the problem appears to be in this area. I removed all relays and sprayed them with contact cleaner and refitted them and they seem to be tight enough, but i still have the problem. All the wire connections were sprayed as well and appear to be tight.
The other thing is, that sometimes when my main lights switch is at the off position, the dipped beams are on, if i switch to parking lights they are as they should be ok.
As soon as i turn the engine off but still have the ignition on the lights will function as normal. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:help:My 2003 clio is randomly losing power too all the exterior lights and the dash lights.
I saw a youtube video where a guy was showing that his fix was a relay under the glove box came loose. The thing is that if i loose power to the lights and i move my hand around below the glove box, touching the wires and relay area it seems to bring them back on, or intermittently go on and off.
So the problem appears to be in this area. I removed all relays and sprayed them with contact cleaner and refitted them and they seem to be tight enough, but i still have the problem. All the wire connections were sprayed as well and appear to be tight.
The other thing is, that sometimes when my main lights switch is at the off position, the dipped beams are on, if i switch to parking lights they are as they should be ok.
As soon as i turn the engine off but still have the ignition on the lights will function as normal. :confused:
Anyone?
Surely im not the only one, am I

1 - 2 of 2 Posts