Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having just spent a fortune last week getting a blown head gasket fixed,now my clutch has gone,can anyone tell me roughly how much this will cost to repair,just so my hubby doesnt have heart attack when he phones a garage..its an s reg(99 ) megane 1.4e liberte 8v..thanks

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yep, you may as well get onto the funeral director too and that won't be cheap either, plus you're gonna need a new outfit for that funeral and they don't come cheap, new shoes, new hat - the simplest option would be to drive it into a shallow river and then swim to Africa where you can start again - well it would be simple if it had a clutch, which it doesn't, so you're right up the creek I'm afraid unless you can throw it? :) Tip it on it's roof and say the wind blew it over, that's my advice.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Yep, you may as well get onto the funeral director too and that won't be cheap either, plus you're gonna need a new outfit for that funeral and they don't come cheap, new shoes, new hat - the simplest option would be to drive it into a shallow river and then swim to Africa where you can start again - well it would be simple if it had a clutch, which it doesn't, so you're right up the creek I'm afraid unless you can throw it? :) Tip it on it's roof and say the wind blew it over, that's my advice.

Hope this helps.
Great advice Schmooster, I must remind myself to come to you first with any problems ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
having just spent a fortune last week getting a blown head gasket fixed,now my clutch has gone,can anyone tell me roughly how much this will cost to repair,just so my hubby doesnt have heart attack when he phones a garage..its an s reg(99 ) megane 1.4e liberte 8v..thanks
Alreet cdphillip, try this site, you can input your cars info and the area you live and it will tell you what you should be paying for such repairs/replacements. It give's prices for the commonest of things, ie; brake pads, head gaskets etc.

Car Repair Costs - Car Service

Good Luck:crazy:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
mine's going in for a new clutch on tuesday £240 supplied and fitted. that's in ellesmere port on the wirral
:crazy: What the????!!! You can't say 'Ellesmere Port' and 'Wirral' in the same sentence. If anything it may just qualify as 'South Wirral' (very very deep South, and all that's associated with it) but please don't just glibbly say 'Wirral' like it's not important - people are born and bred on the Wirral, they 'evolve' in Ellesmere Port from something dark and sinister (and possibly French). It's a place where nobody knows your name, or their own name, where nobody sleeps except during daylight hours, and most importantly, where they have a klaxxon siren and only the locals know what it warns of. You will see the town empty when it sounds - no-one thinks to inform those still stood around though what's going on, doors and windows slamming shut is a clue, people putting hankies over their mouths is another but the biggest is your new third eye (or middle port) as the locals call it, the Ellesmere Port.

Disclaimer: This is total conjecture and fabrication based on absolutely nothing resembling fact in even its remotest form.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Schmooster,you are officially as crazy as a coconut!:d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts