Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi, I have a cambelt change coming up on a MKII scenic 1600. Does anybody have a drawing or sketch of the crankshaft locking pin so that I can machine one up? I believe the slot on the crank is 8mm but I really need the other dimensions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey....we brought a lag last year, driving at 60 mph our cambelt snapped. we have just done all the work ourselves, inc total replacement of all the valvues, took the car to bits and put everything back, we never used the pin, however I do have the diagrams of what you do with them and what they look like if you would like more info......we never needed them though we used a diy method also, BTW Ours was an 02 plate.

send me a pm and I will send you the link thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crankshaft locking pin

hey....we brought a lag last year, driving at 60 mph our cambelt snapped. we have just done all the work ourselves, inc total replacement of all the valvues, took the car to bits and put everything back, we never used the pin, however I do have the diagrams of what you do with them and what they look like if you would like more info......we never needed them though we used a diy method also, BTW Ours was an 02 plate.

send me a pm and I will send you the link thanks
Hi Suzanna,

Sorry to hear your belt broke, what mileage had the car done?
Regarding the pin, I know how to use it and have a lathe to turn one up, what I need is the dimensions. they are expensive to buy and I reckon I could knock one up pretty quick.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi ay, I will try and dig them out tomorrow, there somewhere in the back of the lag covered in oil, not sure if we have the demensions ut will look.

BTW the lag hadnt even done 60,000 miles, we had it 6 dys before it snapped, and that same day before were enquiring about getting it done to be on the dafe side, on our first longish trip in it that happened.
gutted trust me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts