Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Laguna II DCi GT 175 I have bought from a garage from away, it has developed a fault where it goes into limp mode every few miles after hard acceleration. Its says check injection on dashboard. A friend hooked it up to a snap on tools diagnostic computer which said it was lambda sensor and camshaft sensor faulut. Both have been replaced and it makes no difference?? Any ideas?? As an afterpoint, the headlights are rubbish as in very short range and someone else on forum said there is a sensor for suspension front and rear for auto light adjustm,ent. Is there any way (yes I know far fetched and grasping at straws) the two could be connected?? Fault code is P0544 by the way.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Ideally you need to read the ECU using a machine that can access the Renault codes,the EOBD side of things can be both misleading and not show all problems that are logged.

I would expect a turbo boost problem to be the cause of the limp mode,either a boost pressure leak,a faulty boost sensor or faulty boost controller,but until you read the Renault specific codes you'll be playing a very expensive guessing game.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if non renault garages are likely to have this machine?? WHen you turn engine of and on the warning diassapears and it pulls like a train and without warning goes back into limp mode????

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
As said reading codes and replacing things does not work

The faults you find may have been there for a while the problem you have is most likely overboost and the ecu is cutting boost to avoid problems you need to read live data and proper renault specific codes also check all the vac pipes and boost pipes including intercooler for leaks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the upstream turbo temperature sensor whatever that is!! Big thumbs up to Reno-Tec in Llandudno junction if anyone needs any Renault faults sorting :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts