Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help got a 1.2 16v 2002 clio started to stutter slightly and suffer loss of power(fractionally) when pulling away so after reading all relevant threads found the sensor toolk it off cleaned it with a bit of sand paper (very gently) put it back on..................now turns over but will not start !!!!!!!!!!!
daughters university mobile and due back on monday night !!!!!!!
is there anyone who can assist in finding one today or tomorrow I live in birmingham
or have I created a problem that I can try to fix ?
I am a gas fitter with a broken socket set
anyone ??:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help could not find one anywhere open of otherwise
so first thing this morning up to the renault dealer bought a new sensor £29 inc vat
fitted
still does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lost faith in finding the fault myself I think I may of touch/knocked something else.
I did check other things
the metal black box at the back of the engine
covering the eco wires has actually worn through the cables but non of them are touching metal
so to the garage
fingers crossed :crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update to anyone going through this
the car has come back
would seem I managed to break a connectioon in the wiring feeding the crankshaft sensor which was replaced previously by someone else causing a bad signal.
but car still runs slightly stuttery so back to square one !
and £50 plus the sensor down !
anyone want to but a sensor for an 02 clio probably still works !!!!!!!!
£20 ono

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To all thanks for your help here is an up date
changed sensor car would not work spent an hour trying to fathom what I had done in the the end had to consult help.
I had pulled the wires which had been crimped by the dealer causing one of these connections to fail. The old sensor had actually been a replacement in the first place and my new sensor (from renault £25) was probably not required.
At least it was out of the loop for causing the poor running problem.
Cautiously and reading advice I decided it must therefore either be the lambda sensor or the coil.
The coil looked easy to swap so ordered from ebay dealer £44.
Fitted in minutes had to hook out the rubber spark plug lead fittings off the spark plugs (used the coat hanger trick worked brill)
put on new coil runs like a dream not stuttering no hesitation back to perfect
Daughters happy "bluebell" running great
Many thanks for all the help
will no doubt be back at some time. :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts