Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm in need of help, My 2001 1.6.16v scenic is due a cambelt change, so as the dealership is asking silly money to work on a car of that age, to save money I have asked a friend of a friend who is a qualified mechanic, to do it. He has said he will do it for a good price, if I get the cam belt kit. But to get it from dealer it costs an arm and a leg, so looking online they are alot cheaper. but my problem is I don't know if my engine is a K7M or a K4J. obviously I need to know when ordering the part. How do I find out? Please HELP!

G

·
It's neither of those 2 :)

Your car will have the 1.6 K4M 16 valve engine fitted in it and will use the same cam belt kit as the 1.4 K4J 16 valve engine.

A TDC setting pin and cam shaft locking tool is needed to set the timing on your engine.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hello,

just to add to this I would strongly recommend you get a cambelt which is an OEM part not a cheap pattern part one and also get the pulleys, tensioners and water pump changed at the same time.

Cheers.

Harry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.