Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my self a laguna 2 with keycard i started the car up drove down the road and it cut out (after having new injectors) now it just wont start i put the keycard in and press the start button and she sound like she wants to fire but just wont. there are no error codes nothing any one with any ideas on what could be wrong please i would be greatfull 2 weeks now its been sat in my garage

its a 1.9 diesel 2001

been reading around the forum now my red light for my imobilzer goes off once the keycard is inserted if this helps

also there are no abnormal noises comming from the engine bay or within the car its self it just sound normal and u can hear it wants to start and at times feels like its gunna start but just dont

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue. As you've just changed the fuel injectors it sounds as though it may have an airlock. Try removing the fuel line at the fuel filter to see if any fuel comes out. If it does and it was an airlock, this may be enough to bleed it or it may need bleeding nearer to the injectors. You can do this by cracking off one of the fuel injectors and cranking the negine. Be careful though, if fuel is getting throught then the fuel at the fuel rail is at high pressure.
If it doesn't, it may be a blockage or failed fuel pump. If there is no fuel then check fuses and relays and fuel filter before changing the fuel pump!

Hope this helps!
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts