Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: hello and welcome to all that read my thread.......:eek:

the megane 1.6 rte is about to go to a scrap yard very soon !!!!
right the problem we have that some times when driving at 30 or above the car starts to act like its an off spring from a kangroo !!!
the only way to stop it jumping around is push the clutch down !!!
i've replaced the ht leads, spark plugs clean up the throttle body clean the air measuring thingY i have cleaned near enough all the plugs and connections i can find !!!!

the trouble is starting to get very annoying to say the least !!!

one other thing to add if of any help is, that the cat rattles ?????

would this be causing it ???

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP OR I MEAN IT THERE WILL BE ONE LESS MAGANE ON THE ROADS LOL
:rofl: :mad: :crazy: :rofl: :mad: :crazy: :rofl: :mad:
:steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi put a search in under tdc sensor and see if this sounds like your problem its very like it i hope this helps.

There is also pics on how to change the tdc sensor and i believe you can clean it aswell and this may help you would you please let us know how you get on all the best.Oh i may be wrong but its worth a try

Donald

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Check the vaccuum pipe between the inlet manifold and the MAP sensor.....

They have a tendency to split causing a problem similar to the one your having.:)

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it ever have any trouble starting when the engine is warm?

no it starts and runs fine to a fashion when warm, its a little troublesome in the cold and yet but i have hope changing leads and plugs might have help but un sure as of yet !!! thanks

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the what and the where ???
lol could you please explain to me where these items are i know very little about engines !!

thnaks matt

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Hi Matt,

If you want to respond to what someone has written and include it in your post, just click on the
button. Drop me a line if you need any help with any of the forum facilities! :)

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum Matt. The MAP sensor is a small black box, normally mounted on the rear engine bay bulkhead, it will have an electrical multiplug and a vacum hose leading to it.
thanks for that!!as a temp fix i pulled the hose off the map senor and hello power and better running

thanks for that.. after a little research i found another web site with a complete guide on how to repair clean etc a map sensor i have included a link at the bottom

i really hope this works i will keep u all informed and thanks for all your help peeps the megane lives for a while longer yet lol
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :moonie: :moonie: :moonie: :moonie:

Renault Megane Coupe Club - UK

the above link is to another renault forums i do hope this is ok but has usefull info

many thanks to all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts