Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help..My scenic wont start ,it turns over fine but wont start unless i connect to another car with jump leads ,then it starts instantly...Iv Put a new battery ,new tdc sensor, new sparkplugs???? once started its super I did 2000 mile trip to europe and never missed a beat ..Leave for a hour and im in same situation??any ideas HELP HELP HELP:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELLPP PLEASE My scenic wont start

My scenic wont start...It turns over fine but just wont fire up,Unless I connect with jump leads to another car ,then it starts instantly, drives perfect as if it has no problem(i did a 2000 mile round trip to europe and it never missed a beat ) but leave it for an hour and im in the same situation ,it wont start unless I connect to jump leads again !(its like it needs an extra kick of power)..I have this week put a NEW BATTERY,NEW TDC SENSOR AND NEW SPARKPLUGS,still no joy !! ANY HELP SUGGESTIONS PLEASE im gonig mad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I had a start problem and it turned out to be a relay (like a car fuse). It is housed in a black box under the bonnet. Try pushing or wiggling them and see if helps (you might need someone trying to start it while you fiddle) Check the number on it and swap it with another one the same and see if that works (you might even see marks which might indicate which it could be). Hope it helps but it's a cheap easy thing to try. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
is the battery faulty i have seen new 1s do it and is it of the correct amp rating for the car if the car is a derv they use a lot of power to start :d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts