Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a X Reg Renault Megane Scenic. It has started over heating and accelerator cable has been sticking and the car has been over revving like mad. The RAC say they fixed the problem by adjusting the cable and this is why it was overheating. It no longer revs like crazy but it still over heating. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Boyle - is the system losing any water and does the radiator fan kick in at high temperatures:)

P.S Post the year, model and engine type and size may help others to diagnose the problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not getting any warning lights yet. Somebody has told me it could be to do with the weather? Its has rained heavily (and I mean heavily) for the last 3 days with has coincided with the over heating problem. i have been told that if the engine gets to wet, the rain can make your engine start to overheat? Does this sound plausable?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Highly unlikely Boyle but it is remotely possible some of the sensors or switches have got wtare rsodden but should dry out fairly quickly. Is the radiator fan coming on at high temepratures:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts