Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Im over in France and have recently bought a Clio1 around 1994. When i drive it has a grooning noise and especially loud at low speeds.
Its coming from front end, i jacked up and spun wheels up but wasnt very noisy... and only slight movement in on of the wheels...

any help much appreciated, i dont wanna go to all pain of getting new parts if not needed plus i need car for school runs so dont wanna keep taking it off road.

Many thanks:crazy:

Plus after a longish drive it has a slight dodgy smell..!

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
The brakes arent binding are they ?

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me, especially if its smelling after a long run, which means its getting VERY hot probably. :eek: A failed wheel bearing doesnt necessary give free play in the wheel.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me, especially if its smelling after a long run, which means its getting VERY hot probably. :eek: A failed wheel bearing doesnt necessary give free play in the wheel.
It does sound like a wheel bearing. I had a failed wheel bearing and the was no free play... just a rather annoying noise! :crazy: but I soon got it replaced and the noise went! :d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does sound like a wheel bearing. I had a failed wheel bearing and the was no free play... just a rather annoying noise! :crazy: but I soon got it replaced and the noise went! :d

hi ya, How much did you pay to get it done? I was just going to do both so their sound.

I would do self but no press etc and could turn into a nitemare!

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts