Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

This is my first post, but i desperately need your help.

Long story short, my fiancee threw her engagement ring onto my dash board of my Renault Clio 08 Campus in an arguement and it went down the vents at the top of the dash board.

How do I remove the dash board and get it back?

I desperately need your help, so any help would be amazing.

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

I fear this may be a very difficult task to undertake. As dashboards are a minefield of hidden & easily broken clips, and pieces which must be dismantled in the correct sequence.

Personally, I'd get an auto-electrician (they are used to dismantling dashboards to fit stereos, alarms, sat-navs etc), so will have all the schematics & tools to enable them to dismantle & reassemble it.

The cost should be footed by your fiancee, after all - its through her actions that the ring is now 'lost'. If she had thrown it out of the window - would she have expected you to replace it?

This will hopefully teach her an important lesson, and if she refuses to pay for her own actions - take heed for the future...

HTH

Paul

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
It may have found its way down inside the heater box so rather than ripping the dash apart you may have to start dismantling the duct-work in that region.

Should have bought her a ring with a really big rock large enough not to slip down there in the first place.

I'm only joking. Young love can be so impetuous at times often matched with burning passion but hey that's all part of life.:)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I dropped the cover off my sunlight sensor (it's like a little plastic coin) down the same vent in my Mégane about a year ago when trying to remove the dash display. I gave up trying to retrieve it before starting, but every now and then, my interior fan makes a clicking noise when turned on - which I presume is the sensor cover lying against it.

May be worth locating the fan and taking it from there?

I would personally make her do it though.... :d

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought Id give you an update.

The ring went down into the pipe that runs through the dashboard. They had to use a camera on a cable to find it and fish it out. They ended up having the car 2 days even though It didn't take them that long.

They had the car from 9am on the first day but didn't start on it til 1pm :(

It cost me £300 instead of £580 as they gave me a discount. The dealership were charging £95/hr

Anyway I got it back and its now superglued to her finger, so no more taking it off.

Thanks for you help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.