Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help guys, My boot lock wont open my boot on my scenic II therefore i cannot put it through its 1st MOT.
Its a handsfree keycard model although the passenger door handle has been removed for repair after an attempted break in.
Does removing the passenger lock and handsfree sensor stop the boot lock from operating?
Or is there some way i may have disabled the boot opening function without nowing it.
If i press the button on the tailgate nothing happens.
If i press the button on the keycard the indicators flash once or twice depending on locked or unlocked but i still cant open the tailgate :confused:

Any Renault techies please help !!!!!

Thanks
Richard

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

If you check your hand book you will find instructions for opening the boot from the car interior.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ottoman

Thanks for your reply

I know about the little thingie in the boot to open the tailgate but the problem ive got is the MOT tester wont accept that as working condition. (i suppose i could get a small person to sit in the boot and operate the lever when the MOT tester pressed the button on the outside lol !!!)

What i need is info on if the boot fails to open if the hands free sensor is unplugged

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scenic 2 bootlock stuck locked

Hi all, Boot lock on my 03 scenic 2 would not release by card or outside button. Fix,,,, climb in back through the rear doors and there is a wee white lever which is within the lock above the strike plate on the tailgate lock. Work it to the left ad boot will open. You can then spray into it with wd 40 from the outside and gently work it to remove the build up of fine crud. The lock will need a fair amount of wd 40 to wash it through but it will cure the problem.

Kerno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts