Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a Clio 1.6 16v 2001 it is fitted with a factory radio, i know the code and the screen is working i see the stations and temperatu ect. But the streering wheel control is not working! I pulled out the radio and all plugs are secure! What to do ????
Thanks

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
What radio model do you have? Tuner List? Radiosat?

If it's the Tuner List, unplug the little yellow mini-ISO and plug it back in again. Do not unplug anything else.

If it's the Radiosat, you'll see the two regular ISO connetors - Do not unplug any of those.
Next to them, you'll find a narrower plug. Unplug this, one, and plug it back in again.

Failing that, I'd suspect the fault is at the remote stalk itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Tuner list radio!! I did that what you told me to do,but nothing happened,still the stick is not woriking! I did that with the ignition on and off,but still nothing! A read in a manual that you have to configure radio for the model , it mentioned that you have to put ignition on and push 2 and 5 button and wait 2 min then will appear on the screen some thing and there you have to put in which model you have! If i read well then 2 is clio! but that configuration its not working on my radio! what now? Any ideas?
Thanks for help and sorry for the grammer!

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
So if removing and re-fitting the yellow plug doesn't work, but the display is showing information, I'd say the remote stalk may be knackered.
The two means of fixing it that I can think of are:
Undo the cowling around the steering column, remove the remote stalk, and either:
1) Disassemble it and try repairing it
2) Replace it with one bought off the scrappy's or eBay

Also, if you can confirm it has worked before, you could try removing and re-fitting the connector at the stalk's end before proceeding with the above.
(If there are two, just do both. One goes to the radio, the other goes up to the display.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.