Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All need some help with my old traffic:) She's having a new timing belt but i cant work out how to remove the belt idler theres no bolt though it,just the pulley with a metle stub coming out the rear:mad: ive got a 2.1 diesel 96

Hope u can help

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sure someone will be able to assist you shortly with your post.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have just joined because i have the same van a 1996 traffic 2.1 diesel. I have a head gasket gone so have to remove my head. The problem I have is I dont have a diagram of how to line everythiing up to retime the belt.
I have the front off all the covers and there are two pully's one is fixed and one is the tentioner, have you got the whole cover off? It does have a tricky bolt that is side on you have to pull the alternator out of the way.
With the whole cover off one of those pully's has a bolt with the pully having a slit in it so you can tention, do you have this?
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way Does anyone have a diagram of how to put the timing belt on a renault traffic 2.1 Diesel, or should I just tippex everything before I take the head off? Also the tightening nmtrs or ft/pds?

Thanks
Paul:loser:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts