Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a radio/cassette in my clio at present. brought a 2nd hand radio/cd player with the code..i fitted the new one in and entered the code but everytime i did it kept coming up with CODE in my display! re-fitted the original one and entered the code and whallah it worked fine. I have spoken to guy i brought the new one from and he assures me that the code is correct! but as i say when i enter the code it will not fire up and remains with the word CODE in the display! logic states to me that the code for that unit is in-correct? am i right or wrong? HELP>.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Joy Chris M...

no joy at present. Both the replies to my question didnt really answer the question! as i said previous i know how to enter code etc but the radio/cd player im trying to install will not ok the code once entered, it just comes up with the word CODE on the display. If i re-install the present radio/cassette and enter the code for that unit it accepts it and the radio works fine - thus back to the question i was origianlly asking: do you think that the code on the new radio/cd player is actually the wrong code for the set seeings as when i enter the code given it wont activate the unit? i have spoken to who i brought the new unit from and he assures me that the code is correct. Only way to check i assume is either sling it into another clio and see if it works in that or send it off to a code breaker company and get charged £25 for the privilage. Has anyone ever come across this problem before?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Pieman - some radios lock you out permanently after attempting to enter the code wrongly after roughly 5-6 attempts. Some need to be left in sleep mode for 12 hours or so before they will let you try again. Try the link below and see if they can help.:)

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
hello you could guess i know it sounds silly having the code an all but you will be amazed how many times luck plays a part in getting the code on third or forth time if you try this make sure you jot down the code you put in because if you get it right you can bet your bottom dollar you will forget what number you put in believe me ive done it many times

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,987 Posts
why not save your radio code in your phone

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
hello as you know the code for your r/c you should try putting that back in and enter a different code and if you get the same message as your new cd player then it sounds like its the wrong code that the guy has provided good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts