Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clio mk2 1.2 16v D4F

This is were i am at the momment,
Service light plus airbag light (bloke sat with big ball on his Knee).
Ran my OBDii code reader came back with one fault Oxygen senser bank 1 , problem sorted dodgy conection.

Have spent long time sorting wires under seats to airbags and checking pretentioners , all reading corect between 1.8 - 4 ohms. i have found that the door switch for turning off passenger airbag is not working Not putting light on dash to say so), tested switch for corect resistance in both positions all ok.

I am getting the feeling that at start up the airbag ecu is doing test and finding fault stright away and so not enabling the system there for passanger door switch inoprative ?.

running out of ideas , I have read some where there are sensors under the front bumpers but where are they. reason for me wanting to know before my daughter gave me the car she remarked on hitting a cat one day on front passanger side , Could this be problem . but can t see any wires going to front bumper.

Regards Dave. (please help driving me nuts):crazy::crazy:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
You would be better getting the airbag system scanned for the fault or you could be chasing it forever
If she hit a cat it may have crash data stored

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have seen many with crash data stored without deploying the airbag hitting a pot hole can do it
Iam not saying it is crash data but getting a scan will tell you where you need to be looking alot better than just looking all over the place

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen many with crash data stored without deploying the airbag hitting a pot hole can do it
Iam not saying it is crash data but getting a scan will tell you where you need to be looking alot better than just looking all over the place
Found someone on ebay who will clear crash data , and give me report. so should find problem before i refit.

Regards Dave.:d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts