Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my renault clio nearly 2 years ago and upto now hadnt had many issues with it. However yesterday the car started fine, went to the gym and got to the carpark, typical woman I parked not great so went to straighten up and switched the engine on but the car wouldnt start. It was trying to start would the engine wouldnt ignite and the message on my dash board said braking fault after a while. I tried a few more times to get the engine to start but no luck so I thought I would give it an hour while I was in the gym to see if this would sort it. Came out after an hour and still the same problem so phoned the aa. The man came and tried the engine, same again and so he said it sounded like my battery was flat so he tested the battery, he said that the reading was ok however he put the machine on it to give it a boost. He also locked/unlocked the car using the card a few times and explained that sometimes the chip in the key and the car sometimes come out of line and doing that resets them back together and all of a sudden the car was running perfectly.

I then drove to my local supermarket and was letting someone out of a space and the car cut out and started doing the same as before. I eventually got the car to start again after unteenth attempts and managed to get into a parking space. I then stopped the engine and tried to start it again but had the same issues with it trying to start but the engine not igniting.

I rang my partner to ask him to bring my spare card however this didnt solve the problem although my car did start eventually. Its now stuck at home as am I! My friends partner is a mechanic and he has said that it sounds like the crankshaft sensor however he has recommended I take it to a renault dealership to get it tested on the diagnostic machine incase its an electrical fault.
I did previously have another issue with the car where the emissions warning message came on the dashboard and when I called the rac the man came and tested it and said that it was the camshaft sensor I think although it could have been the crankshaft sensor?! He said to get it replaced however the message went off so I never did so not sure if this is the issue?

Can anyone help please!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply. Its a manual. Luckily my next door neighbour is a mechanic so going to jump on him as soon as he comes home and see if he can take a look as I dont have a clue:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts