Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2002 master dci120 and pushed my luck tryng to drive to next petrol station and broke down, stupid i know, but since this my stop light and engine light have been on but van starts and runs as normal is there a way to turn these off, thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If the lights are constantly on then there is a fault present in the system,you need to have the fault codes read and see what it comes back with.It could be just a rail pressure fault showing due to you running out of fuel and clearing the code will sort the light out,but usually if all is well with the system the light will go out on it's own.You may find that it will reset if you continue driving it,but it's not really a risk worth taking as you may just be adding to your problems.A basic code read will take minutes and be no more than £20-£30 at a decent independant garage,just explain what happened and get them to report back what the codes say.Once they are deleted everything might be OK,but at least you will have some peace of mind.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply, when i had a bm i remember someone telling me there was a way to clear faults once repaired by joining certain pins in the plug is there anything like this on these vans, or if i disconnect battery for a bit???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts