Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, please excuse my ignorance as i am new to these forums! lol :eek: anywhooooos where do i start..... last year i had a new ecu fitted ( the one in the glove box) as my car decided to have a total mind of its own and throw my lights on/off indicators, hazards, blah blah blah so replaced that, faults gone away, then later in the year had a new water pump, all belts incl cam. this year its had a clutch, egr valve, batts & all new glow plugs - now i get to the fault.... PREHEATING WARNING LIGHT!!! stays on - ocassionaly when i turn the key to attempt to start it the red dot flashes on and off and the stop light stays lit, the vehicle wont start, i then proceed to keep trying (as i am a woman and we do those things) and it attempts to start but never fires up, i lock the car walk away and then come back to it 10 mins or so later and the preheating warning light is still on but the vehicle starts. I think i may have to go to the top of Snowdon and scream if i spend more cash on my car!! I would like someone to help maybe point me in the right driection, at persent i feel like there really isnt much left to replace on the car!!!! BTW its a 2002 1.5 dci expression / 5 door (not like that makes A DIFF!! :crazy:) diesel and her name is Betsy - please if anyone can assist me i would be ever so grateful :d thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi danthevan, thanks for your info =) do you know if this will throw up any fault codes? im trying to distinguish whether i need to take it to a garage or just get my immobiliser repalced by a mechanic friend. :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
It will throw up a code on the renault computer, but a generic OBDII scanner probably won't show a thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
danthevan - thanks again - you seem to be correct again! just got back from the garage next door to my work and sod law the scanner hasnt picked up any f/codes, strange considering their laptop picked up the codes for the egr valve & glow plugs, Do you know if its a dealer only repair or can an auto electrician fix it - if it turns out to be an immobiliser issue. sorry to harass you, thanks =):d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts