Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got in from a friends (and no i'm not drunk!) and it seems i have a furry friend again. The poison in the bathroom has been touched and seemed spread around the shelf i was on - i was too frightened to see if the mouse (mice!) were dead in the bathroom as i have a great fear. But they could be anywhere in my apartment. Has anyone got any advice pleeeeeeease :eek:

I don't think i'll be able to go to bed and relax as my bedroom door has been open and i'm thinking it could have gone anywhere to die. Not only am i frightened of rodents, but i have a massive phobia :(

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
¤¤¤¤ hun not good, if it's eaten the bait it will die, they tend to go back to there nests to "pop off". Chances are it wont be anywhere obvious in the flat.
I know, i'm finding that i don't seem to be moving from the sofa i'm sitting on, think i'll grab my duvet and sleep on here tonight. For some reason it feels less likely to be in here. Will have to get dad or brothers over tomorrow to check the place out thoroughly. The rodent guy placed three traps, and if they are coming in through the risers, then i want something blocking up :(

D

·
0 Posts
hi SB,
like Chris said it will have popped off elsewhere, the poison is a slow acting one so that they scuttle off and die in thier nests. the chances of seeing it "toes up" somewhere in your apartment are almost nil.
we've just had a couple of "guests" again, and I tried glue traps. they work brilliantly, apart from having a live, squeaking thing to deal with :eek:

if you know where they are coming in, use wire wool in any gaps you find, they can't deal with it.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
SB - have you thought about getting a cat? I'm sure there's a cat refuge near you who could provide one for a small donation....

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any joy this morning SB?
Right, i drank myself to oblivion so i could be brave enough to go to sleep abut 4am, so that worked a treat.

I managed to look in the bathroom this morning (not being brave enough to look in there last night!) and its been in both sides of the poison holder thingy and gone now. Or at least i can't see it.

SB - have you thought about getting a cat? I'm sure there's a cat refuge near you who could provide one for a small donation....
I didn't want the responsibility of looking after a pet as i flit in and out when it suits atm, plus we're not supposed to have pets anyway.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
oh a cat is the best bet, 2 of my 'look so innocent' little monsters were so kind to bring me home a slow worm today minus its tail but alive, now I dislike anything like snakes, but someone had to pick it up, so I did and was not scary at all, wanted to keep it but was not allowed :( was so cute :)
P.S yes I know I had not made my bed but they were sleeping on it :d

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, the mouse saga continues - please bear with me on this...

Today the bait guy came out again and replaced the bait which was almost gone in my bathroom. He looked under my bath and said there were no droppings (euwh!!) but said the mice were probably getting in through the risers between my apartment and my neighbours.

A builder then came out at teatime who was planning to fill all the holes surrounding my pipes under my bath which lead to the riser.

He shouted me into my bathroom (as i'd escaped into a safe haven) and showed me a massive gaping hole in the wall where one of my pipes goes out into the riser and he just said there's no way he could it - it needed plaster boarding. Its about the size of a human head!

Whilst looking, i noticed the mice had in fact had a large lunch of bait earlier on in the day which had been left by the pest guy only just this morning! Obviously my nerves got the better of me by this stage and i asked the builder when in fact he would sort it out. He said he'd be back Saturday morning.

I'm feeling at the end of my tether with this now, its been going on since 2nd April (i have a copy of the pest guys report). If this problem is not sorted out this saturday as promised - i feel as though i should threaten the builders as obviously this has been going on for a good while, and they have been dragging their feet.

Has anyone got any advice for a lady who's frightened to use her bathroom?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Ok sb on a serious note i would give them the benefit of the doubt this time till Saturday and if it is not filled in by then tell them your going to seek legal advice because this is a matter of health and safety which it is.I really do hope you get this sorted out there is nothing worse than vermin.

I know you are terrified of them but honestly they would do nothing at all to harm you take care all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok sb on a serious note i would give them the benefit of the doubt this time till Saturday and if it is not filled in by then tell them your going to seek legal advice because this is a matter of health and safety which it is.I really do hope you get this sorted out there is nothing worse than vermin.

I know you are terrified of them but honestly they would do nothing at all to harm you take care all the best Donald.
Thanks for that :)

I know they can't harm me - its just one of them things with me. Give me spiders anyday! Its just the thought of them under my bath feasting while i'm showering or worse in the bath :(

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thanks for that :)

I know they can't harm me - its just one of them things with me. Give me spiders anyday! Its just the thought of them under my bath feasting while i'm showering or worse in the bath :(
Wild life is for the wild if they came in my house my 4 cats would have them in bits in days god i have five birds a day as well as mice voles at the back door still twitching sometimes cats love it they are so sadistic as well its great to watch i could bring them down for you:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts