Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never really fancied the idea of a tattoo, either permanent or temporary, but I always assumed that the temporary ones were exactly that... temporary.

Then this popped up on the Snopes RSS feed this morning.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Henna Tattoo Scarring

If anyone's even contemplating having one of these done, or letting their kids have one done, then please read this article first!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think with Henna it depends on what type, some are better than others.
They say that natural henna is fine. It's just an additive that they're using to darken the dye that's the risk. The problem is that it's impossible to tell whether the dye that's being used has been tainted with the dangerous chemical or not, though use of the term "black henna" should be a warning sign that it probably is.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Reading this reminds me of something, I still have a giggle......
Remember 'Little Man' the obnoxious character Harry Enfield created?
The MD of a company I used to work for was just like him - except the little sh*t used to have a Zapato moustache coupled with short hair.
His favourite weekend would be spent out on his Yamaha Low-Rider going to bike events where he could put his leather waistcoat over a short sleeved teeshirt and strut around puffing his chest out, allowing everyone to admire his henna tattoo's on his biceps.
G*D, I bet he looked hard!
He used to wash them off before he got home so his missus didn't see them - what a tw*t....!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Better off going for the real thing if you are sure its what you want, and go to a reputable tattoist and will be a lot safer and better than a henna one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts