Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a Renault owner since i could drive 12, Fuego, 19 & now laguna
Found this website in pure desperation, only had the Laguna 2 weeks so still under warrenty, but i have to know for myself.....What does the warning light for serious injection incident on a x reg 1.9 laguna diesel mean??? Oh yes it also cuts out at the same time
Hope someone can help
Cheers All
Jeggyboy

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam not sure to be honest a guess is the EGR Valve but i stress this just a guess but i would not worry that much if it is under warranty keep us post and welcome to the forum Donald

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donald
Thanks for the advice, i know its under warrenty but i always want to know for myself.
As it is at the moment a chap from the garage is coming round to check it with a computer i will let you know the results
Cheers
Jeggyboy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAY 2 WITH THE LAGUNA PROBLEM
Chap came around with computer, sods law the car worked fine but he did say i can see it has gone wrong somewhere on the fuel system.....where is another question
He replaced a rather hot relay next to the battery which was of course the cheapest part to replace
Will keep you posted

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi jeggyboy and welcome, If its under warranty and the fuel injection light comes on also get the garage to check or replace the MAF sensor mine was faulty and was forever dropping the car into safe mode.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laguna still going, could it have been just that little relay????
Hopefully it was, time will tell it will probably do it again after the warrenty has run out
A bit dissapointed by the way the car goes into safe mode, what would happen if i was in the fast lane of the motorway????

·
Registered
15 Posts
injection fault.

:rolleyes: hi all.
ive had a problem like yours.had it on the computer,everything was ok,drove it home,injection light came on.
took it back to the dealers for a road test with the mechanic,the light came on,took it for another computer check.they found a fuel presure fault,and metal filings in the fuel.these are blocking the injection system,got it booked in this saturday,only trouble is it is out of warranty.but to there credit, because its only got 38000 miles and has a full manufactures service history,they are going to contact customer services to see if renault will pay for it to get repaired,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine was different, it just shut down. I restated & it went for a few yards then shut down again, it done this 8 times within a mile. As you did i had the mechanic with the computer but yo & behold it was fine also as i explained before he changed a relay & its still ok (touch wood)

·
Registered
15 Posts
injection fault.

sounds just like mine,but everytime it cut out,it started up first time.runs great up until i have done about 10 miles,then the problem starts all over again.will keep you posted on what the outcome is going to be,fingers crossed.:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fingers crossed for you & i hope Renault pay up for it. Please do keep me posted on this mine, has only got 2 weeks warrenty left, so in one hand i am hoping it will go wrong again so it will be sorted and paid for in the other i hope he has solved it with the relay
GOOD LUCK:) :) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts