Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just become the owner of a 1996 Clio 1.4 RT. I have an airbag light problem ie; it doesn't at all, any ideas if it just could be the warning light bulb and how to check if it is. Also I don't get any light ( steady or flashing ) from the central locking switch near the gearstick. Anyone any thoughts. Great to be on your site by the way I have enjoyed reading it for a while now, Had an old 1.2 RL Prima before the RT but it wasn't worth doing anything to it as it was a bit tatty.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there Maxsy and welcome to Renault Forums, all of the warning lights on the instrument console should light up when you turn the key to the half way position, if one is not lit up the the usual cause is a duff bulb which will mean removing the instrument cluster. If you have a look at Clio FAQ you should find more info.
Regards Leroy

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I've got a '94 1.4RT. I don't have an airbag fitted but there may be one on the 96 model. Some of them were self contained units in the steering wheel and I think there may not be a dash light for these type.
I don't have any light with the central locking switch either, do you mean immobiliser light, if so this should operate when the key is used as this will activate the immobiliser and the switch will not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Leroy and Chris thanks for the advice, I was afraid I might have to get to the bulbs behind the dash never mind all good fun. I must admit that I have never looked at the imobiliser light while using the key I will hve to give it a go. Thanks again guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts