Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name's Robert, 2 weeks ago I bought a 2001 Y Reg Laguna V6 Privalege est , which I say drives its self.
This morning driving to work the engine management light flashed up and the engine started juddering, next thing it' s saying that there is an anti pollution problem. Can anyone tell me what this is and what to do, will driving make it worse....?:crazy:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:)

As Chris says,it sounds like a faulty coil.If you have a good independant garage nearby with the right equipment,get them to read the ECU fault codes and it should tell you which one is faulty.If it's one on the rear bank of cylinders,then your just as well to replace all three as the inlet manifold has to be lifted off to get to them which takes a little while to do.You will save on labour costs in the future if another coil gave problems and you had to go through the same thing again.

If it's one of the front three,then you can easily change them individually.

As Chris says,it's not a good idea to drive the car too far as the unburnt fuel will damage the catalytic converter in the exhaust system,which would make the fault much more expensive to remedy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts