Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High pitched whirring when high revs accelerating on Turbo diesel. What might this be. :confused:
My daughter bought 9yr old Renault scenic as a run around when her car was stolen and written off. As we know very little about cars , apart from driving them, we would appreciate some knowledgeable input.:eek:
Thanks in advance
Tuppenyduck

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not a Renault expert, but I know the turbo is very loud, and is a whining sound as the revs increase. It should stop with more or less revs.

Without hearing yours, it sounds normal - every recent-ish Renault diesel I've driven has an unusually loud Turbo whine - I think it's quite cool.. :D

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hello,

without hearing the noise its hard to say. If you could record the noise and post it on here we maybe able to help you out and tell you what it might be. Does the noise increase when the vehicle is moving and or when its stationary? Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from?

Harry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.