Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:steam:
hi people you all seem very knowledgable i have a problem with my 2.0 16v megane in that when i start it up the revs shoot straight up to 5000rpm. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there madge1980 and a warm welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure one of the tech guys will give advice soon, in the mean time if you do a search you may find something useful as I seem to remember a similar cry for help,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Welcome, do the revs drop at all? and if so after how long? I dont know what the issue is but the more info you can provide then the techies will be able to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi sorry no the revs dont drop they start going higher if anything. i recently replaced 12 valves cos the cam belt snapped. maybe ive put it back together incorrectly as i didn't strip it! Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8 it sounds like an air leak check the inlet manifold sounds as though it drawing air

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi i will check but think the manifold is ok. could the problem be incorrect timing of one of the cams?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar problem with revving, my megane seems to idle at 2000 when I've just started up.

I can usually cure it by turning it off and back on (solution to EEEVERYTHING! :)) but only if I've driven it with an idle of 2000 for a few minutes. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks samross got it sorted now, the w**k**s who sold me the head gasket set gave me the wrong inlet manifold gasket, was sucking in too much air! selling it now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts