Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a hissing noise coming from the gaiter behind the brake pedal. I have been told that it means replacing the complete brake servo! Is this true! it seems pretty drastic for a worn gaiter,:confused:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If it is constantly hissing it sounds like the inner seal has gone - the gaiter you refer to is only there to prevent the ingress of dirt and does not form part of the seals in the servo - before having the servo replaced it would be prudent to check all vacuum pipe connections goig to the servo.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If it is constantly hissing it sounds like the inner seal has gone - the gaiter you refer to is only there to prevent the ingress of dirt and does not form part of the seals in the servo - before having the servo replaced it would be prudent to check all vacuum pipe connections goig to the servo.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If it is constantly hissing it sounds like the inner seal has gone - the gaiter you refer to is only there to prevent the ingress of dirt and does not form part of the seals in the servo - before having the servo replaced it would be prudent to check all vacuum pipe connections going to the servo.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Oops! Sorry about that Chris - but it appears my providers server went belly up for a few minutes and had to log out:d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Oops! Sorry about that Chris - but it appears my providers server went belly up for a few minutes and had to log out:d
Weak excuse Noel ... just to get your number of post up ... I dont know some people will got to any length :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts