Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me i have a scenic 2003 1.4 , every so often there is a loud hissing sound , which sounds like its coming from the glove box . then water starts to drip into the foot well , the car steams up and the fan becomes alot louder and you can feel a vibration in the steering wheel . it seems to do it more when it rains . any ideas please .

G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Does the car over heat and does the coolant need toping up?

Sounds very much like the heater matrix is leaking?

G

·
The air intake on your Scenic is underneath the plastic cover at the bottom of the wind screen on the passengers side of the car.

There is a channel that runs from one side of the car to the other and there are 2 rubber flaps on either side of the car to allow the water that runs down the windscreen and gathers in the channel to run out they have either become stuck or have debris in front of them. The air intake scoop lip isn't very high above the drain channel so when there is heavy rain or you park with the drivers side wheels on the pavement the water isn't draining away quickly enough and the excess can get into the air intake and heater fan.

As far as the hissing noise goes I imagine it must the heater fan spraying the water around? and the vibration is being caused by the water putting the fan out of balance.

I would get the drain channel flaps cleaned.

You will have to remove both wind screen wiper arms and the several retaining torx head screws to remove the 2 plastic covers. There are around 5 white plastic clips behind the covers which can get broken if not careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.