Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to change my gearbox oil and have a question about the type of washer used on the gearbox drain plug.

My engine oil sump uses the metal and rubber style washer so will the washer for the gearbox drain plug be the same?

Also, I see that other Clios use a copper sump washer. Are these interchangeable or is it advisable to keep with the style that's originally fitted to the car?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
I'm wanting to change my gearbox oil and have a question about the type of washer used on the gearbox drain plug.

My engine oil sump uses the metal and rubber style washer so will the washer for the gearbox drain plug be the same?

Also, I see that other Clios use a copper sump washer. Are these interchangeable or is it advisable to keep with the style that's originally fitted to the car?

Thanks
I recently changed my gearbox oil and the washer was the same as that on the sump.

I'd stick with the types thats already on, in fact they are slightly different sizes.

I had the one's with the rubber inserts so i purchased five that compress thinking they were suitable, they were too large even allowing for the slight compression when tightened.

The one's with the rubber inserts are around £2 each on ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts