Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so it kinda bothers me that the Clio horn sounds so wimpy. I need something with a little bit more grunt. Those Hella Supertone ones and like them are a bit high pitched. I'd like something with a little bit of a deeper tone, but I don't want to get a truck horn or anything like that. Any suggestions? I was thinking of the snail/trumpet style ones. Had them in my Nova and they sounded pretty good, but dunno what Hz they were or where they were bought from as they were on the car when I got it.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,467 Posts
Meep Meep

Totally with you.

Personal choice IMO so look about.
If you liked the Nova horns and they were standard, find one in scrapyard.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Try mk3 Laguna horn

Reactions: funkoval

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,533 Posts
Just wondering why this thread is in the 'Exterior Styling' forum. :| Are you going to fix the new one on the bonnet? :grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,661 Posts
Just wondering why this thread is in the 'Exterior Styling' forum. :| Are you going to fix the new one on the bonnet? :grin2::grin2:
When one gets the horn, does it not stick out ?? >:)
Is the noise not louder Outside the car ?? >:)
Last Scenic got a BMW bike horn.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
Looks like a load of Bull to me:laugh:

Reactions: funkoval

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Read a story a while back, manufacturers (not just Renault) are deliberately putting in wimpy horns in order to avoid triggering instances of road rage. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,111 Posts
Read a story a while back, manufacturers (not just Renault) are deliberately putting in wimpy horns in order to avoid triggering instances of road rage. Seriously.
really? It's because the horns are so useless that people find the need to add to the anger by shouting.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,881 Posts
I suppose mine works but cant say for sure it as passed about 8 mot's
since I got it so someone must have tried it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts