Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the manual (about 20 times) and still can not figure out how to get the oil meter level to display on the mini screen.

Yes! I have parked it on a straight road and left the engine off for 20 minutes (freezing my behind off) then I turned the ignition on and pressed the button (on the right stick which is the wiper control sick) but still no "oil ok" or "oil level oooo" appears.

I have also tried resetting all the setting with the reset button (next to the screen near the speedomotor) and still nothing :( I know it should work because the first time I got the car I had it show up once then I saw someone else do it.

Now unless there is a fault... I am just so airheaded to figure it out. Can anyone help me out?

Sorry for long post :(

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
On our Scenic the Oil OK message flashes up every time the ignition is switched on! To see the 00000's we have to press the trip mileage button [on the instrument cluster] within 30 seconds of switching on the ignition!

My apologies if this is not the right option for your car but you never know, it might be of some use :idunno:

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
On our Scenic the Oil OK message flashes up every time the ignition is switched on! To see the 00000's we have to press the trip mileage button [on the instrument cluster] within 30 seconds of switching on the ignition!

My apologies if this is not the right option for your car but you never know, it might be of some use :idunno:
Thats how you do it on my megane too!! But I have also been told that some models uses the button on the end of the indicators stalk that will scroll through your display options and if you hold this in when the "oil level ok" is displayed it will show the electronic oil level! I have this button but mine works the same way as Scatz's!!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Some models display the oil level at every engine start. Others typically only show the warning if the oil level is low. In the latter case, if you tap the trip computer button (wiper stalk) immediately after starting the engine, you should be able to get the oil level out of it. You need to be fairly quick about it though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all you're replys but I still cannot get it to display. I tried the method horatio mentioned and still no luck with displaying the oil level. Maybe it only does display when the oil is low... however in the manual it says after turning the ignition on for 30 seconds it should give a reading... unfortunatly for me nothing!

Maybe I will call renault and see what they say :rant:

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
Have you checked your manual? Mine tells me how to do it in there, I checked the index and it was under the "levels" section, then under engine oil level!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes HeatherJ! I stated in my original post i read the manual on how to check it 20 times, also in my last post i stated that i checked the manual again and posted on here what it said. Thank you for you're reply.

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
I'm sorry Lyko my brain wasn't paying enough attention!! :eek: Any help from renault then?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I did contact my local Renault and they said it is a fault and i need to book it in to have it look at/repaired. However I didn't book it in because they will probably charge me £50 just to open my front door not to mention fix some electrical fault lol.

I guess I will just stick to using the dipstick :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts