Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks we have a late 2001 clio running a 1.5l dci and the belt makes an almighty noise when first started, this is getting bad now and I need to tighten the belt, just had a look and it doesn't look like there is much room there can someone offer some help on how to do this.
many thanks

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi folks we have a late 2001 clio running a 1.5l dci and the belt makes an almighty noise when first started, this is getting bad now and I need to tighten the belt, just had a look and it doesn't look like there is much room there can someone offer some help on how to do this.
many thanks

Hi,

Iam not 100% sure:eek: but i think you have a pre-tensioned pulley fitted to your cars engine so it can't be adjusted?the pre-tensioned pulley itself needs to be replaced as it sounds to me that its lost its tension strength? hence why the belt is slipping and screaming? unless there is oil leaking onto it? the only way to check will be to give the belt an inspection to see of there is any trace of oil on it or any visible oil leak near the belt itself,

Hope this helps Don

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
You will have to change the belt and maybe the tensioner, I think you will find it's spring loaded, it needs doing as if it lets go it can take out the cam belt with disastrous results.

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
I had to change both the belt and the pully on my 1.9 dci Megane. I know it's not the same engine, but I would imagine you'll have to do the same on yours :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to replace the alternator belt of wife's 1.4 16v clio.
I have the old one off by going in thru the wheelarch but can anyone post instructions and pictures of how to refit / tension etc - where do I find the tension pulley? etc
In other words, which one is it and how do I get this damn belt fitted ? Help.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts