Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this plug off before on our Clio 2 and I cannot think how I got it off, but been trying to remove the plug and its not budging now. The clip that's on the plug at the bottom, do you push that in or pull it out as your trying to pull out the plug?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,497 Posts
IIRC on Scenic it is twist then bulb comes out with the plug.
Bulb pushes in once plug is out of lamp.
Dunno if same on Clio

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super mod..
29,240 Posts
Thanks Phil but that is a video on how to take a bulb out of the headlight, I know how to do that - no its the wiring plug at the back of the headlight I am trying to pull off - its got all the wires going to it for the headlight unit itself, not to the bulbs
Ah now I am with ya..probably has some kind of clip you lift or depress on the connector before you pull..:smile2:

This might help

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/headlamp-plug-wires-please-help.538592/

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah now I am with ya..probably has some kind of clip you lift or depress on the connector before you pull..:smile2:

This might help

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/headlamp-plug-wires-please-help.538592/
thanks , yep thats the wire / plug I am on about - still at a loss how you remove the plug from the headlight. I dont want to be pushing in a lug when I should be pulling out the lug to remove the cable - I tried both the other day for nearly 10mins and it werent budging - its pee'ing down all day today so I aint gonna be able to get out there and look at it today! :frown2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,584 Posts
Its a pull, you will need to lift the tab up,
Feel around the plug, on one of the longest sides, find the tab, lift the end thats furthest away from the wire, then pull off the multiplug to the light

Reactions: Andyr52 and Phil48

·
Super mod..
29,240 Posts
Feel around the plug, on one of the longest sides, find the tab, lift the end thats furthest away from the wire, then pull off the multiplug to the light

There you go Andy..just knew there had to be a tab stopping it pulling apart..not a million miles away was I..:grin2:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you , I will give that a go tomorrow ...... if it ever stops bloody raining!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts