Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

Does anyone know anything about cause of fog-lights not working on a Renault Modus 2005? Could be fuse or wiring; I've tested the bulbs and they are not defective; they are not the only lights not functioning perfectly; rear ones as well are only half on.

Best wishes,
Forum user: sudom1modus

Also -how long does it take the garage to instal a new axle in a Modus?

·
Registered
2006 Kangoo Mk1 Phase 2 1.5Dci K9K718 with A/C
117 Posts
Welcome aboard sudom1modus!

I don't have a huge amount of experience like some other members, but for what it is worth, rear lights half on sounds like a bad earth - does the brightness of the lights change if the brake pedal is pressed or if the indicators are flashing? (ask a friend to press the brake pedal while you observe the lights).

Is it just fog lights or are the brake lights affected as well?

Are the defective fog lights front or rear or is it both?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,702 Posts
there is no fuse the looks after the front fog lights, there is however a relay in the engine mounted fuse box, if you look at the engine monted fuse box with the cut off corner top left, down the left hand side is column of 4 relays, the bottom one controls the fog lights, get someone in the car to turn the fog lights on and off and see if you can hear the relay clicking, if not then the relay may be knackered, if it does then the wiring could be knackered

As Russ says the back lights sounds like a dodgy earth, disconnect the connectors for each of the light clusters and check for any corrosion, if there is clean if off, be careful cleaning the female side as you may force it open too wide and it wont make contact with the pin that sits in it, the best thing to clean the female side of things are emery boards, dont use anything metal unless you disconnect the battery first, you may end up on your 4rse :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts